For further information on Coronavirus (COVID 19) please go to:

Utility failure

Priority Registration Service

If you need a little more support than most in an emergency where the utilities are affected or are reliant on a utility,  then all of the utilities companies run a priority registration scheme. Priority registration does not mean that you will get your utilities back faster than anyone else but you will get additional support whilst they are off.

Details are below for each utility.




UK Power Networks website also gives information about power cuts, who to contact during a power cut and has an interactive power cut map.

Dial 105 in a power cut to find out more.

Details about registering as a Priority User (external website) with UK Power Networks who provide electricity in Suffolk.  This to for households, which many need power more urgently than others, to receive extra support during an outage.


Drinking Water and Sewage

Water recycling (sewage) in Suffolk is provided by Anglian Water, further information and how to report a blocked sewer is on the Anglian Water website.


Drinking water in Suffolk is supplied in the south and west of the county mainly by Anglian Water (external website) and by Essex and Suffolk Water (external website) in the north and east of the county. 

If you are unsure who supplies your water than use the UK Water industries map (external website) to find out.

To report a leak to Anglian Water, you can either  report the leak online using their quick and easy map by clicking on the Menu. In case of emergency/excessive leakage you can call the free 24/7 leakline number 0800 771 881.

For leaks in the Essex and Suffolk Water area call their leakline number  0800 526 337 or for non-urgent leaks online.

Both companies have a priority service to help customers who need extra help.  Further information is available on Essex and Suffolk Water's Priority Services or Anglian Water's Priority Service.



Cadent (formally National Grid) provide the gas distribution network that delivers the gas to your property that you purchase through your supplier.

To report a gas or carbon monoxide emergency, or if a pipeline is struck (even if no gas leak has occurred) call the National Gas Emergency Service 24 hours a day on 0800 111 999.

Cadent Priority Registration Service is available for those who need extra help.

Visit and @Cadentgasltd on Twitter for how-to guides around 'self-fixing' common faults.


Phone not working

Contact your provider.