The aims of the Steering Groups are:
- To encourage the development of Community Emergency Plans in towns and parishes across the County of Suffolk
- To support Community Emergency Planning Groups in developing their plans and to enable communities to be more resilient during an incident and to help speed up recovery after a major incident
- To develop and maintain a programme of support and training in relation to the needs of the Community Emergency Planning Groups
- Providing feedback to the Suffolk Local Authorities on lessons identified maintaining a two-way communication flow
- To represent the Community Emergency Planning Groups alongside the other Voluntary Organisations involved in supporting the response of Category 1 and 2 responders to major incidents under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004
- To promote the Community Emergency Planning strategy
There are two steering groups, one which covers the Babergh, Mid Suffolk Forest Heath, St Edmundsbury Local Authorities, and another covering the Suffolk Coastal and Waveney Local Authorities.
If you would like to contact your local Steering group please contact your local Emergency Planning Officer for contact details.