How does your community get prepared?
If you would like to create a Community Emergency Plan firstly have a look at the Community Emergency Planning Map to see if your local community, town, parish or ward has a plan already.
If there isn’t one follow these steps:
- Liaise with your local Emergency Planning Officer to discuss your plan
- Set up a Community Emergency Planning Group and appoint a coordinator
- Download the Community Emergency Planning template
- Identify local skills and resources available
- Work with others in your community to complete the plan
- If you need help you can contact your local Steering Group for support
- Once your plan is complete please ensure that your local Emergency Planning Officer has a copy as well as anyone else in the community who needs one
- Review your plan on an annual basis and if necessary update and redistribute it.